LWVGC Men’s 9-Hole Club Breakfast Meeting Minutes
Date: July 18, 2017, 8:30 am, Club House 2
1. Scott Breunsbach, President, opened the meeting
2. Speaker: Joel Walker, Acting Manager for the LWV Golf courses
- Par 3 course: has started a Par 3 Club, the course is undergoing renovation, to build a BBQ area for events, will have a computer for posting scores from the course
- Raise of fees: out of it, can’t answer questions.
- Manager job: being invited to bid for the job.
- Gave some advices for different shots: keep the chest with the ball, hit the ball first, short putts: keep steady, right shoulder low slightly; Keep eyes open
- Don’t forget to have fun, among other things, enjoy it; Guy shot a 62 on 1_2, “I don’t care”, that’s the key.
- Pickle ball: court will be moved. Bill Blain day: passed away, the Men’s and Women’s clubs will sponsor a Bill Blain day (June 27).
- Par 3: would carts be allowed? Has to be decided by the residents.
- Rounds played: 113,000 rounds at 27-hole (40% 9-hole), 13,000 at Par 3 per year. VMS subsidizes 60% of golf course cost.
- Tee time: mostly 18-holers in the morning, 9-holers get course 3. Will consider assigning #1 or #2. May consider making course 3 more interesting.
- Electronic tee time system: current company does not support system anymore, looking at other system.
- Consider improving the practice cages.
- Steve Edwards is doing a great job making signage.
1. Welcome new members: Larry McGraw, Lenny Wentworth and Paul Kingsley
2. Mark Nussbaum: Balance was $5700 as of the end of June.
3. Len Paganini: tomorrow is regular tournament, putting contest after breakfast. The Mixer was a success. Next year mixer date: July 18, 2018. It was a good value at $27.
Raffle: a cart wheel lock, and four $5 prizes were given out.
The meeting was adjourned at 9:40 am.