Men’s 9-Hole Club Board Meeting Minutes
Date: February 6, 2018, 9:00 am, Los Olivos Room, CH2
Attendees: Scott Breunsbach, Roger Landis, Chi-Chin Wang, Don Beckhart, Frank Harrison, Leonard Paganini, Mark Nussbaum, Rick Gehman, Bill Jensen, Jeff Wu,
Leonard Lin, David Emal
1. Scott Breunsbach:
- Tom McCray, Golf Operation Manager has been sending general information, and clinic announcements via e-mail. Responses go directly to him at Tom.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jae Kang is now helping within all facets of Golf Operations. He previously worked with Tom at Strawberry Farms. Jae is actively trying to get onto the PGA Tour, recently participating in the Farmers and Genesis Opens’ pre-qualifiers
- Golf Operations’ cameras are back up and running we have visibility over much of the course to monitor play and pace of play
- Recruit of new member was effective last year. Like to keep up.
- MV High School lost their funding for a new hitting range, even though our supporting program ran well. Second club collection went to First Tee program.
2. Roger Landis:
- Needs training on the league items (cabinet, shelf etc.) and key.
- Needs to take care of wife in the next few months.
- Received $500 from O’Conor’s Mortuary.
3. Len Paganini:
- Yellow-ball tournament coming up. Balls and rules are being prepared.
- Thirty eight players beat the pro last week. Looking into getting two pros to join. Tom and Jae like to join too.
4. Don Beckhart:
- Club collection programs were effective.
5. Frank Harrison:
- Preparing the yellow-ball,
- Reorganized the flight population to: A/B/C: 44/44/49 where Flight A HDCP: 0-12; Flight B: 13-16; Flight C: 17+
- To form a committee with the women’s club. Jeffery will be involved. Suggest to keep the raffle shorter.
- Everyone in the HDCP list should be a member.
6. Chi-Chin Wang: Will continue to send out meeting reminders.
7. Bill Jenson: March breakfast speaker will be Sean Cincotta, Course Superintendent. Scott to invite.
8. Mark Nussbaum: January end balance: $8311, some checks have not been cleared yet (printer: $350)
9. Rick Gehman:
- Sign-in desk duties worked out well. More members are involved, so board members are doing 3 times each this year.
10. Leonard Lin: Has started to draft weekly posting of league tournament results on the Globe.
The meeting was adjourned at 9:35 am.