Men’s 9-Hole Club Board Meeting Minutes

 

Date: April 3, 2018, 9:00 am, Los Olivos Room, CH2

 

Attendees: Scott Breunsbach, Roger Landis, Chi-Chin Wang, Frank Harrison, Leonard Paganini, Mark Nussbaum, Rick Gehman, Bill Jensen, Jeff Wu,

David Emal, Don Beckhart

 

Meeting Notes:

1. Scott Breunsbach:

-   Accepted February minutes.

-   Kris Callen based out of Driving Range and is now a full time instructor.

-   We will get Jae Kang involved in the Beat-the-Pro tournaments.  Recommended reducing back to single pro at a time. Next one is late May.

-   Len asked for a schedule on the programs coming up by the Pro Shop, such as Demo, training sessions etc.   Scott to follow up with Tom.

 

2. Dave Emal:

-   President’s cup luncheon (May 16 after completion of week two Shotgun Start) will be held in Rooms 1, 2, and 3 (2nd Floor) and catered by 19th Restaurant.  Same menu and price as last year.  Maximum Capacity is 80 people.  Will invite LW Golf Operations Professional Staff.

-   Will talk to Tony/Mark (19th Restaurant) about avoiding watery ice cream.

-    

3. Len Paganini:

-   4-Men scramble will be conducted on 4 April on Course 3.  Tournament ill be very competitive.  Tournament Committee established teams that were within one (1) handicap stroke. 

-   Still need to remind people of the pace of play.  We have groups taking 3 hours to complete 9 Holes, thus impacting all groups behind them. 

-   Initial discussions on ways to speed up the play. Lower handicappers are already going out first.  Slower play may begin to impact later player’s ability to traverse in allocated two hours. 

 

4. Don Beckhart:  

-   Club Breakfast went very well in March.  Don worked hard to excel in his preparation activities. 

                

5. Roger Landis:

-   Received several new member applications.

-   Will resume membership duty now. Scott will update the Bob Batchelor provided membership list and send out to Roger and Rick Gehman.   

-        Received a total of $75 of gift cards.

-        Kris will donate a lesson coupon; Will ask the pros to donate lessons certificates.  Will continue to solicit door prizes.


 

6. Frank Harrison:

-   Committee members will initiate coordination with the Women’s 9 Hole team for the July 11th Mixer.  All members are encouraged to participate.  We will be looking for 36 players to participate in this Shotgun-Scramble format event.  It will be played on Wednesday this year.

 

6. Chi-Chin Wang: Will continue to send out meeting reminders.

 

7. Bill Jenson:

-   March breakfast speaker will be Sean Cincotta, Course Superintendent.  Scott to invite.

 

8. Mark Nussbaum:

-   End of January balance: $8671

-   Last month’s Breakfast Meeting check has not cleared yet.   

 

9. Rick Gehman:

-   Sign-in desk schedule working well.

-   Great bunch of volunteers, thus minimizing number of times (per person) at the desk.  Last month’s winnings to be distributed on 4 April.

-   Rule clarification: big new mulch areas should get free relieve.

 

The meeting was adjourned at 9:50 am.