LWVGC Men’s 9-Hole Club Board Meeting Minutes
Date: October 3, 2017, 9:00 am, Los Olivos Room, CH2
Attendees: Bob Batchelor, Chi-Chin Wang, Don Beckhart, Frank Harrison, Leonard Paganini, Mark Nussbaum, Rick Gehman, Bill Jensen, Jeff Wu
Absent: Lloyd Woodson, Scott Breunsbach
1. Bill Jensen opened the meeting in absence of Scott Breunsbach.
2. Len Paganini:
-The Med EX tournament is introduced this year.
- Will continue to introduce new tournament.
- Started to issue weekly news letter. It was welcome by the members.
- ABC tournament: in the second week of October will has same rules as last year,
3. Rick Gehman:
- Bill paid for today’s coffee and donuts.
- sign-up process worked well.
- will send out e mail to solicit volunteers for next year’s sign-in desk duty (Rick has been doing it for several month, now he is playing)
- will recruit someone to update the weekly schedule.
4. Frank Harrison:
- The board appreciates his service over the years.
- Will continue to serve next year.
- The league has a drawer by the computer for member use. Will open it for use now. Rick will pick up weekly.
5. Jeff Wu: worked in mixer
6. Chi-Chin Wang:
- Started to post the Board meeting minutes on the league web site. Has worked well.
-Will continue as Secretary next year. Can help update weekly schedule on the web site if needed.
7. Don Beckhart:
-The club give away program worked very well. Don’s grandson connected with the MJ High School coach. Gave away >200 clubs and more than 1000 golf balls. More clubs are coming in Wednesday. Where to store: locker room.
- Q: Any chance for a memory tournament, eg toilet seat bowl, trash can bowl.
-Will continue to serve on the board.
8. Mark Nussbaum:
9. Bob Bachelor:
- Has served on the board for six years, will not continue next year.
- League has 140 members. Will start to give out 2018 membership new/renewal form.
- Yearly due will stay at $35.
- There were 25 new members this year, some from the 18-hole league. - Will start preparing 2018 roster book soon. Considering adding pictures for major tournaments to make the book more attractive.
10. Other discussion:
- Course rotation: Now playing #1 and #2 14 times over the year. This is reasonable. Frank is working with the 18-Hole league to keep the same.
- Will include the schedule in the roster book. Roster book usually comes out around end of December. Advertisement potentially $1000+.
11. Scott will continue to serve as President. Bill Jensen will continue.
- All board members present agreed to continue in their assignments for next year, except Bob Bachelor, who is leaving the board after six years of dedicated service. We appreciate his service very much.
- New board members: need two, plus board member at large. Roger Landis (recommended by Bill), Dave Emal (recommended by Frank) and Joe Rhodes (recommended by Mark) are good candidates. Bill will approach them.
13. League will stay neutral on the rent increase issues.
The meeting was adjourned at 9:50 am.